Thursday, August 24, 2017

August 24th 2017: Driving Around Northeastern RI After Work

After work today, I started out with a hike at the Meadow Brook Woods in Mendon. The path I took from 94 Park Street to get views of Inman Pond, which was essentially the Inman Pond Loop, is shown below in pink.

The views of the pond itself were far and few between though, as the path was mostly a distance away from the shore.
Not worth the hike, in my opinion.

From here, it was on to North Smithfield RI,
Pratt Pond, 165 Old Great Road
Lighthouse Christian Church
Masjid al Islam
then Lincoln RI,
Manville Memorial Park
St. James Church
Manville Park, 11 Park Way
Schoolhouse Apartments, 6 Almeida Drive
and finally Cumberland RI,
Cumberland Hill School
Sneech Pond, 76 Nate Whipple Highway

where I visited the Manville Dam Park at 1 Manville Hill Road,

with nice views of the Manville Dam.
At this point, it was too dark already, so I decided to head to Smithfield RI for dinner at Terrazza, a pretty upscale, somewhat Mediterranean restaurant.
I got the Terrazza Shrimp (Toasted garlic, jalapeƱos, Meyer lemon butter sauce) for appetizers,
the shrimp being big, fresh and tasty with the rich tangy sauce.

For my main course, I got the Grilled Lamb Chops (Marinated New Zealand lamb chops, creamy Meyer lemon and mint risotto, lamb jus).
The mint flavored rice tasted a little weird at first, but eventually it became enjoyable, blending well with all the other flavors in the dish, the lamb being cooked perfectly.

Finally, for dessert, I got the Tiramisu,
which though it was the least outstanding dish of the meal, it definitely was a good ending to a day of driving around Northeastern RI after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment