Tuesday, June 15, 2021

June 15th 2021: Muddy Pond, Sterling

 Today, as I had some time, I decided to go for hikes in the area around Muddy Pond in Sterling. First, I looked for views of the pond from 68 Muddy Pond Road, where the paths I took is shown below in pink.


Nice views of the pond here.







Next, I revisited the Stillwater Basin area, this time from the Griffin Road side in Sterling. The rough path I took here is shown below in pink.
The initial part of the trail is actually closed off due to resident privacy concerns. Got lost here trying to look for the view of Muddy Pond. The supposed place (I think) had too many tall trees for any view to be had, and the only view I got was of the Muddy Pond Field.
At least the mountain laurel were in bloom, otherwise it would have beena waste of a hike.





No comments:

Post a Comment