Thursday, June 3, 2021

June 3rd 2021: A Hike, A Park and Dessert in 2 Hours

 Today, I had two hours to spare, so I started out with a hike in the Edmund Hill area in Northborough. I have visited the area once before, The path I took this time around from Meadowbrook Road to try to get to the water bodies here is shown below in pink.


Going from thee Meadow Brook Trail to the Pine Tree Trail, I found the outlet to the railway line on the Proctor Trail.

 


Moving on, I was unable to get good views of the water body from the Goldfinch Trail, so I backtracked to a point on the Proctor Trail where there was an outlet to the rail tracks, and went to find it that way. Nothing special in the end though.


Heading back along the Edmund Hill Trail, there were no views to be had of the other water body in this area. Oh well, the views I had the last time I was here were better. 

From here, I headed to Hudson, where I visited Lamson Park,  park that has been modeled around Tripp Pond, which I visited a long time ago. Much nicer now I must say.



From here, I still had some time to kill, so I decided to go check out some of the dessert places in the area, starting with Harvard Sweet Boutique,
getting a Key Lime Pie,

which was a little strong for my liking. Luckily, the Pasteis de Nata, a Portuguese almond custard tart 





from Silva's Bakery nearby at 140 Main Street was pretty good.


With that, my time was up, and I headed homeward. Not bad for two hours of activity.


 









No comments:

Post a Comment