Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3rd 2014: Eating at the Burlington Mall, Burlington

My friends and I were to go white water rafting in Maine tomorrow, and decided to meet up at the Burlington Mall beforehand for dinner. I arrived a little early, so I walked around the mall for a bit,
getting a Pepperoni Pretzel from Pretzel Twister
which was pretty good even though it looked very simplistic, before finally heading to the Rainforest Cafe here to meet with the rest of my friends.

I have seen the one in Las Vegas before, but did not realize the restaurant existed elsewhere as well, especially not in Massachusetts itself. The decor was much like the Las Vegas one though, which was pretty awesome. Here are some pictures of the place, which has aquariums and moving animals, and an occasional thunderstorm to boot.

For appetizers, we got the Lava Nachos (Crispy tri-color tortilla chips topped with seasoned ground beef, peppers, onions, black beans, corn and queso sauce. Garnished with green onions, Cheddar cheese, sour cream and pico de gallo),
which were just okay I guess.

For food, I got the Taste of the Islands (Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, blackened tilapia topped with a mango salsa and dynamite scallops and shrimp),
while my friends got the Pastalaya (Shrimp, sautéed chicken, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and andouille sausage tossed in a hot and spicy Cajun sauce and served over linguini)
and the Rasta Pasta (Grilled chicken, cavatappi pasta, walnut pesto, broccoli, red peppers and spinach tossed with garlic Alfredo sauce).

My food was pretty good, especially the tilapia ans the mango salsa, while the cajun pasta was pretty tasty as well. The alfredo pasta was just so-so, however.

After dinner, we parked our cars at my friend's place in Woburn before finally carpooling and heading to Maine to stay for the night at the Quality Inn and Suites in Augusta, ME.

Looking forward to our whitewater rafting trip tomorrow on the Dead River.


No comments:

Post a Comment