Thursday, October 30, 2014

October 30th 2014: Checking Out the Tombs of the Old North Church, Boston

Today, I had to leave work a little early to try to catch a lecture at the Old North Church in Boston about the tombs beneath it. Even then, the traffic was so bad that I still ended up late. Must have something to do with the passing of Boston's beloved Mayor Menino.

Thankfully, I did not miss much, and the lecture itself was pretty boring that I found myself dozing off frequently.

Eventually, the lecture ended, and it was time to go check out the tombs themselves, which I have not done before. A flight of stairs led to the basement, where there were lots of piping we had to walk past

to see the tombs,

which weren't really much to look at actually.

After leaving the church, I headed to Arlington for a Mexican dinner at Zocalo Mexican Bistro.
With my deal, I got the Chilapitas (sweet plantains stuffed with shredded chicken, crema mexicana and avocado topped with ranchera and chipotle sauce, cotija cheese and pickled onions) 

and the Fish Tacos (baja style beer battered fish with pickled cabbage, cilantro pesto, chipotle mayo, sesames seeds and radish on corn tortillas, black beans on side)

for appetizers, while getting the Chuleta de Puerco (Pork Chop stuffed with homemade chorizo and apples drizzled with adobo balsamic vinaigrette. served with red bliss mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach with garlic, raisins and almonds) for my main dish.

The plantains were pretty creative, while the fish was crispy and delicious. The pork was a little dry, but the sauce and the sides made up for it a little.

My Tres Leches dessert was well presented and excellent as well.
Overall, not too bad for a Mexican place in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment