Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 11th 2014: Asian Meals in Worcester and Shrewsbury

My mom wanted to get Vietnamese food for lunch, and on a recommendation from a girl I just met whose family apparently owns the restaurant, we decided to go to Saigon Restaurant in Worcester. I was here once over 2 years ago, and it was good to be back again.

This time, we got the Com Thap Cam (Rice with combination of grilled shrimp, pork, beef, vietnamese sausage, egg rolls, shredded pork, shrimp paste),

the Pho Dac Biet (Special Noodle Soup)

and the Canh Ga Chien (Fried Chicken Wings).
The chicken wings were just normal I guess, although the grilled meat was really tasty, as was the pho. 

Glad I decided to come back today.

After a day of getting groceries and other necessities, we decided to get some Thai food from the Thai Place in Shrewsbury.

I got the Isaan Steak (Rib Eye Marinated in Thai spices, served with steamed vegetables and Isaan Tomato sauce),
while my mom got the Sweet and Sour Shrimp (Pineapple chunks, onions, peppers, carrots, tomatoes and black mushrooms in Sweet and Sour sauce).
The steak was perfectly cooked, and went really well with the sauce, while the shrimp was spicy and delicious as well.

Glad I got the steak, even though it looked a little Western.

No comments:

Post a Comment