Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October 15th 2014: Dinner with Friends at New Jumbo Seafood Restaurant, Boston

Today after work, I headed into Boston for a dinner with friends at the New Jumbo Seafood Restaurant in the Chinatown area of Boston. Before that, I decided to try to use my deal at Truffles Fine Confections, located within the Copley Place mall in downtown Boston. I had to walk a bit to get there, only to find that the employee working behind the counter had no idea how to redeem my coupon for me, and refused to do so. I still ended up getting something, a box of truffles.
Hope my friend likes them.

In Chinatown, I had to park at the parking lot for Crave: Mad for Chicken, the restaurant which serves Korean Chicken which is apparently better than Bonchon. I was told by the parking attendant that I had to show him a receipt from the place afterward, which meant that I would have to order more food here later.

I was one of the last ones to reach the restaurant, but just in time for ordering.

The Deep Fried Milk appetizer was pretty unique and delicious as well, with the condensed milk dip.
The rest of the dishes we got were pretty typical but good.
Clams with Black Bean Sauce
Spicy Salt Chicken
Chicken with Ginger and Scallion
Ma Po Tofu
Pea Pod Stems with Garlic
Spicy Salt Calamari
Sizzling Filet Steak with Black Pepper
Fish Filet with Veggies
We also got a complimentary dessert at the end, which was much like the milk dish.
After a delicious dinner, I headed to Crave to get my chicken.
There was not much people here tonight, so I did not have to wait very long  for my 8 pieces of Angry (Spicy Garlic) Chicken to come.
Pretty good and crunchy, but I could not tell whether it was better than Bonchon. At least the receipt was of use so my parking was free tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment