Wednesday, November 25, 2015

November 25th 2015: More New Places in Worcester

I started out this morning at the Pickle Barrel Restaurant and Deli in Worcester, which is more a big breakfast place in a seedy part of Worcester than a deli. I got the Pork Souvlaki  (on grilled pita bread, yogurt cucumber sauce, tomato and onion),

which was just alright I guess.

Lunch was at Pho Bowl, a new Vietnamese place that just opened up at 593 Park Avenue in town.

We got the Avocado Smoothie (Sinh To Trang Chau Bo),
the Grilled Mussels with Fried Onions and Peanuts (Chem Chep Nuong),
the Spring Rolls with Grilled Shrimp (Goi Cuon Tom Nuong)
and the Pho Dac Biet (Rare steak, brisket, flank, tendon, tripe and meatballs).
The smoothie was really good and creamy, but while the mussels were not bad, the measly 6 pieces we got was definite;y not worth the money we paid for it. The spring rolls were just alright, although the pho was not bad. I still think Pho Dakao is better.

After lunch, I stopped by Yoway Cafe for some froyo on my way back to work.
This place has much more stuff than your typical froyo place, with ice cream crepes even. The froyo was alright,  but I think I want to come back to try the crepes.

After work, I stopped by Palma's Bakery, and Italian place with a cafe, Cafe Sorrento attached to it, getting a Napoleon dessert,
which was pretty delicious.

My next stop was at Donut Express, where I got my first French Cruller.
Cheap and good.

Finally, it was time for dinner at Nancy Chang.

I was here several years ago for the dinner buffet with friends, and this time we wanted to check out the Asian Tapas menu, getting the Lavender Sapphire and Tonic (Bombay Sapphire Gin, Lavender Syrup, Tonic Water and Fresh Lemon Juice) for a drink,
the Lobster Cucumber Boat,
the Saigon Beef Lettuce Wraps (served with fresh peanuts and lettuce cups),
the Roast Duck Tacos (served with sour cream and cucumber)
and the Roast Pork Buns (served with a tangy sauce in a soft bun).
The drink was horrendous in my opinion. Lavender definitely does not taste good here.
The lobster dish was pretty bland as well, as was the duck. The lettuce wraps and pork buns were not too bad, but nothing special either, the pork being a little on the hard side as well. Overall, pretty disappointing.


No comments:

Post a Comment