Saturday, June 15, 2019

June 15th 2019: North Brookfield, Monson and Stafford

I started out today in the town of North Brookfield,
Soldier's Monument,
North Main Street and School Street

which has since repaired its town hall,

checking out the North Brookfield Historical Society

And going on a short hike at Town Forest Park, which had only a small pond to speak of.

Next, I headed into Monson for a hike at the Conant Brook Dam Area, where the path I took is shown below in pink.

The trails here were a little confusing at times, not necessarily being the same as what was on the map,

but somehow I managed to find the water bodies I missed out on the last time I was here.

From here, it was on to the town of Stafford CT,
New City Pond, 121 New City Road
Staffordville Gospel Church
Staffordville Reservoir,
End of Lyons Road
Staffordville School
Hydeville Pond, 309 East Street
Stafford Baptist Church
Old Riverside Woolen Mill,
4 Old Monson Road
Riverside Pond, 5 Leonard Road
Glenville Pond, 100 Furnace Avenue
Stafford Library
Stafford Springs Cemetery,
11 Monson Road
American Legion Post 26
Dennis Pond

Where I went on a hike on the Woodlawn Trail. The rough path I took here is shown below in pink.


A word of caution, the map provided is not anything like the actual path, although the blue blazes did help. As a result, I got lost for a bit, but thankfully I realized my mistake and managed to find the viewpoints here, of which only one had partial views.
For dinner, we were back at the Bonchon in Waltham again, and other than the wings,
this time we got the Bulgogi Korean Tacos (marinated ribeye over three warm flour tortillas filled with crisp lettuce and coleslaw, topped with buttermilk ranch, spicy mayo and red onions) as well.
Not bad, although it was ground beef and not real meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment