Friday, December 17, 2021

December 17th 2021: Hiking in Harvard

 Today, I decided to do some hikes in the town of Harvard, starting with the north section of Delaney Wildlife Management Area, the south section of which I have visited a few times in the past. The path I took here is shown below in pink.

Nice views of the largest two marshlands here, although all the other water bodies were nothing to speak of.




Next, I headed to the Smith Conservation Land area, which I entered from 199 Whitcomb Avenue in Littleton to check out Black Pond from the other side from where I visited a long time ago. The path I took here is shown below in pink.

Nicer views of the pond than before, and great improvement to the trails here.
Going to have to come back again though, as I missed two other water bodies to the left of Black Pond. Oh well.

From here, my last hike for the day was at Blomfelt in town, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
The fire pond at 59 Ann Lees Road was not bad but did not need a hike to get to,


while there was nothing much to see from the Ayer Road side. 


Not coming back again.

With that, I called it a day for hiking, deciding to go get some food from Siam Pepper, a Thai restaurant nearby.
Unfortunately, they were only doing takeout today, so I had to eat my PAD THAI (A Thai signature dish, this delicious noodle entree is comprised of rice noodles stir fried with egg and garnished with bean sprouts, scallions, & crushed peanuts.) in my car.

Pretty tasty though. With that, and end to a day of hiking in Harvard.

No comments:

Post a Comment