Friday, April 27, 2012

April 27th 2012: Lunch and Dinner in Worcester

Today was my colleague's last day of work, so we decided to head out for lunch again, this time without higher management. On his suggestion, we headed to the Regatta Deli in Worcester, supposedly the home of the famous Regatta Italian Club Grinder, which is exactly what I got.
In my opinion though, it was just okay, although I could only eat half of the gigantic sandwich before giving up.

After work, I decided to try out Zorba's Taverna in the same town. I wasn't expecting much, to be honest, but this place is actually a pretty high class restaurant. Not only was the decor beautiful, but the food was also pretty artistic, especially the appetizer I got, the Seafood Vol Au Vents appetizer, made of a crispy puff pastry with seafood stuffing and topped with pan seared sea scallops, shrimp and creamy lobster sauce.
I was already full and satisfied by the time I finished it, but I had already ordered the Moussaka, a Greek Lasagne like dish with eggplants, potatoes and minced beef, which came with a side of Avgolemeno, a typical GReek chicken soup with egg lemon sauce.
Avgolemeno Soup
Moussaka










The Moussaka was simply fantastic, while the Avgolemeno soup was a little sour for my taste, but I was still able to finish everything, though just barely. I definitely recommend coming back here again in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment