Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 6th 2012: Having Dinner with a Friend From Out of Town

Today, I got a call from my friend that he was in town for a job interview, but as my mom was still visiting, I could not spend much time with him, but I managed to etch some time out after dinner to bring him to Feng Asian Bistro in Millbury. The place was filled with people, but we were still able to find a seat immediately beside the bar.

My friend had to convince me to get a drink as always, and I got the Lychee Bellini on the fly, complete with a cherry at the bottom, while my friend got the raspberry colada.
Raspberry Colada (left)
and Lychee Bellini (right)
My drink was pretty good, although the aftertaste of alcohol was still a little strong for me. The food then came soon after. We had ordered 3 rolls, namely the special Blackstone Roll, the Angry Dragon Roll, and the Yayoi Roll, which had mango and cherry tomatoes in it, while my friend also got the Yaki Soba with beef, thinking it was a noodle soup, when there is absolutely no mention of any on the menu.
Blackstone Roll
Angry Dragon Roll



Beef Yaki Soba

Yayoi Roll










Of all the rolls, I liked the Blackstone Roll the best, and the Angry Dragon Roll had a pretty unique taste too, mainly due to the Rutta sauce and BBQ eel sauce with it. The Yaki Soba turned out to be excellent as well, even though my friend was disappointed with the lack of soup at first.

It was good to see my friend again. Unfortunately, I could not spend more time with him over the weekend, so I decided to lend him my PS3 for the weekend. I won't be using it with my mom around anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment