Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 24th 2012: Dinner and Dessert in West Fens, Boston

I had a bad car accident last week, so I had to forgo a weekend of fun, staying at home and feeling bored. Today I finally bought a new car, so I took it out to Boston for a drive, going for a meetup event at the El Pelon Taqueria in the West Fens area that I had cancelled earlier. This place was actually quite small, and although there were many tables outside, today was a really cold day, and I was forced to wear my winter jacket to sit out with everyone else and the El Guapo Burrito I ordered, which came with beef steak, plantains and added on guacamole upon request.
The plantains were quite an interesting addition to the burrito, being an unfamiliar yet tasty experience, and I finished my burrito easily.

Not wanting to stay out in the cold for much longer, we soon headed to the Yard House Restaurant nearby, which is a relatively high class bar restaurant. As I had a drive ahead of me, I decided to get dessert instead, choosing the Mini Trio Sampler, consisting of chocolate souffle, apple cobbler and lemon souffle. My friend also got the mini creme brule.
Mini Trio Sampler
Creme Brule










All of the mini desserts were delicious, although I felt that the apple cobbler was the best one of the lot, and the chocolate souffle became too sweet after several bites and numbed the sweetness of the rest of the dishes.

I was glad I decided to get dessert here though, although I had to leave a little early to drive back home for work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment