Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26th 2012: At the Independent Film Festival Boston 2012 in Sommerville

My colleague had his last day of work this week, so the department decided to head to the Sole Proprietor in Worcester to give him a farewell lunch.

As the lunch was complimentary for everyone else as well, I ate quite a bit. We first ordered the Cherry Peppered Squid and Popcorn Shrimp for appetizers, which were pretty good.
Popcorn Shrimp
For my main dish, I decided to get the Baked Stuffed Flounder, which came with a side of Seafood Chowder. 
Seafood Chowder
Baked Stuffed Flounder










I loved both dishes, especially the soup, with the fish having just the right texture and freshness. It was pretty much the best seafood chowder I have had to date. I also tried the Fresh Fried Clams and Surf and Turf Penne that my colleagues had, and the clams were really fresh and delicious.
Surf and Turf Penne
Fresh Fried Clams










Seeing that others at the table had ordered dessert, I decided to get one myself, choosing the Chocolate Tulip Cup. As you can see, it was a pretty artistic dish.

There was a little too much cream, though in my opinion, although the rest of the flower was excellent.

After work, I had bought tickets to watch "Liberal Arts" as part of the Independent Film Festival Boston 2012 at the Somerville Theatre in Somerville.

I had to get dinner before that though, so I decided to use one of my Livingsocial deals at Sandwich Works in Newton, given that I was still a little full from lunch. This place is quite nice for  a deli place, and it even has another shop in it, Jake's Falafel Corner, which does Mediterannean wraps. Having $14 to spend, I decided to go for their Village Sandwich and the Reubenette, and a cup of their split pea soup with ham to make up the difference. Unfortunately, as I was running out of time and not being very hungry, I waited till I got home to eat them.

The theatre itself was pretty nondescript, housing another branch of the Museum of Bad Art, which like the one in Dedham was nothing much to shout about. The movie was really good though in my opinion. I definitely recommend it.

When I finally got home, I was feeling hungry, and decided to see what Sandwich Works had to offer.
The Village Sandwich
The Reubenette



Split Pea Soup with Ham
Perhaps it was because I was hungry, but I found the sandwiches and soup to be really awesome, especially the Reubenette, which is a Reuben sandwich with coleslaw in place of sauerkraut, while the Village Sandwich was full of meaty goodness.






No comments:

Post a Comment