Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1st 2012: Bringing My Mom to Quabbin Park, Ware

This morning, my mom and I decided to do some grocery shopping for Asian foodstuff at the Mekong Market on 747 Main Street in Worcester. After bringing home the groceries, we finally decided to set out for the day, grabbing some Vietnamese lunch first at Pho Dakao in Worcester, with my mom getting the Crispy Rolls appetizer and a small bowl of Pho Dac Biet, while I got the Lemongrass Beef dish.

Crispy Rolls
Lemongrass Beef










My mom was a little apprehensive that there would be too much lemongrass in the beef, but it ended up being really delicious. She enjoyed the Beef Pho as well, saying it was much better than back home in Singapore.

With that, we headed to Quabbin Park in Ware, although it started drizzling by the time we started our walk to the Goodnough Dike. Thankfully, we had our coats with hoods on, so we proceeded anyway. At the dike, my mom enjoyed the extremely beautiful view of the Quabbin Reservoir, though slightly marred by the gloomy weather, but she did not want to walk all the way across the dam, so we backtracked to our car, then headed to the Enfield Outlook, where we stopped to take a few pictures here.
Next, we headed to the Quabbin Tower, but my mom did not want to climb the stairs to the top, so we stayed below and took a few pictures here.
Lone Tree on the hill
View at the base of Quabbin Tower












From here, we headed to the Quabbin Spillway, and the waterfalls near Winsor Dam, where my mom took a few pictures with her camera while I waited at my illegally parked car.

Finally done for the day, we decided to head to East Brookfield for a Thai dinner at the Thai House Restaurant. This place was pretty decently decorated, but the food was very Americanized as well.

We ended up ordering the Sweet and Sour Shrimp and Basil Fillet of Cod because my mom did not want any curry, and as it did not come with rice, we decided getting the Sriracha Fried Rice as well.

Sriracha Fried Rice

Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Basil Filet of Cod










We ended up not finishing much of our dinner, being still full from lunch, but we could not resist trying the Fried Banana covered with honey and sesame seeds for dessert.
It was okay I guess, and after finishing it, we headed home for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment