Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 29th 2012: Lunch Courtesy of My Chef Friend

As we got back to my place really late last night, early this morning, my friends and I only woke up at around noontime, and by the time we got to my friend's place in Malden, where he was making lunch for us, almost all the food had already been prepared for us. We started off with hors d'oeuvres first, served on biscuits. One was a salad mixture with a tomato on top, and the other consisted of a block of watermelon with duck prosciutto on top, both of which were delicious.
Hors d'oeuvres
Next came courses of steamed cod, eggplant stuffed squab and foie gras with orange marmalade.

It was great to see my friend at work in his kitchen, and my friends and I just kept taking pictures of the food and him in action.
Pan searing the foie gras
cooking at a controlled temperature





Testing the internal temperature of the meat
The food itself was excellent, as always.

Steamed Cod 
Foie gras with orange marmalade


Stuffed squab with asparagus
After lunch, we decided to go visit my friend's accomodations in Cambridge at the Marriott Residence Inn Boston Cambridge, and she decided to invite us to her potluck dinner with MIT students at the penthouse floor of the Eastgate Apartments at MIT. On the way there, we passed by a few interesting places on campus.
Sloan Office of Communications at MIT,
238 Main Street
Point Park, Main Street and Broadway











Eastgate itself was like any other typical building in the area, but when we finally got up to the penthouse area, the views of downtown Boston were simply amazing from across the Charles River, especially in the light of the setting sun.













As the sun continued to set, we had a good time eating and meeting new people, and at the end of it all, I headed back home to start another week of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment