Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 7th 2012: Another Day Out with Mom

Today, my mom wanted to do more shopping, so I decided to take the opportunity to visit the Wegman's store in Northborough, which many of my colleagues had previously commented to be larger than any supermarket. They were actually quite right, although somewhere in my mind, the place was still much bigger than it actually is.
This place has a huge food court buffet style, where almost everything except pizza and some other stuff are charged by weight instead of food type. We were a little afraid that there would not be an area for us to sit, but apparently there is a huge dining area as well. The food itself was okay, but cheap all the same.

After shopping around in Northborough Crossing where Wegman's is located, my mom asked me to take her somewhere interesting, so I decided to bring her to Mount Wachusett in Princeton first, but by the time we got there, the gate was already closed, and as my mom was not akin to climbing up the 2000 ft mountain, we had to give up this time. We then headed to Clinton to view the Wachusett Dam and the quaint town center. We then headed to Dexter Drumlin in Lancaster, where my mom grudgingly climbed up the gentle slopes of the small hill to the top and the great views there.

Running out of places with great views and no hikes to go to, I finally decided on Moore State Park in Paxton, but along the way there, we happened to pass through the town of West Boylston, where I remembered that the Old Stone Church area was pretty scenic, so we decided to head there instead. There were several people fishing along the shores of the Wachusett Reservoir here today, and the views of the church were as beautiful as when I first came here.









With that, my mom was finally satisfied, and on request due to the cold day, we went back to Pho Dakao in Worcester for dinner, as all she wanted was a bowl of hot soup. She got a bowl of Beef Pho, this time without the pho, and a claypot of caramelized pork (Thit Ko To), while I decided to try the Bo Kho (beef stew) with pho noodles.

Bo Kho
Thit Ko To










The beef stew was delicious, although it was more a soup than a stew, while the pork was a little on the salty side, but still good, and went well with rice.

We could not finish everything though, so we had more leftovers to take home. With that, another day of showing my mom the best Massachusetts had to offer ended.



2 comments:

  1. Try Pho Da Lat restaurants in Lowell. They have two great locations serving fine Vietnamese food. Also, they will open another one in Chelmsford in a couple of weeks. Enjoy! www.phodalat.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, I will check it out some day.

    ReplyDelete