Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23rd 2013: Dinner at Piccolo's, Worcester

Today after work, I decided to try out Piccolo's, an Italian restaurant in Worcester. This place has a 1920s saloon like atmosphere, with wooden furnishings and old speakeasy pictures on the walls.
I decided to order the Asparagi “Milanese Style” (Asparagus, farm fresh sunnyside egg, cracked black pepper & parmigian) appetizer,

and the Paglia e Fieno (fresh-cut spinach and egg fettuccine, Italian ham, sweet peas, parmigian and cream) for my entree.
It is interesting to note that the asparagus dish was very simple, and is a pretty popular Italian dish. I do not think it was worth the 9 bucks I paid for it though. The spinach fettucine was pretty good though, although that dish was $18 bucks and a little on the oily side.

Although I could not finish my noodles, I decided to see what they had for dessert. I went with the Turtle Cake, which was okay, though a little too chocolatey for me.

Overall, my experience here was okay, but a little too expensive in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment