Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 6th 2013: Exploring East Boston

After my late night yesterday, I woke up late today, and I had to do a lot of stuff at home in the morning, so by the time I left my house, it was already around lunchtime, so I decided to use my groupon at City Streets Restaurant in the town of Waltham. This place is a pretty typical bar restaurant, and was pretty empty this time of day.

For $20, I got the French Onion Soup

and the Chicken and Prosciutto Sautee, made of chicken sautéed with prosciutto, garlic, sundried tomatoes, broccoli and rigatoni in a wine and parmesan sauce.
The French Onion Soup was okay, while the chicken was too dry. Probably not someplace I would come back to again with many other better places in the area.

From here, I headed to East Boston, where I had to go to the airport later tonight to catch a plane. I have never actually been here before, and when I entered the area, I realized it is quite a seedy area in Boston, and I worried a little about getting mugged here while walking the streets.
Sovereign Bank East Boston Branch

Our Saviour's Lutheran Church
Maverick Landing,
Maverick Street and London Street
Most Holy Redeemer Church,
72 Maverick Street
East Boston Central Catholic School
Iglesia del Dios Vivo La Luz Del Mondo,
130 London Street
East Boston Post Office,
50 Meridian Street
Italian American War Veterans Post #6,
60 Paris Street
Central Assembly of God

From here, I headed to the airport to catch my flight.

I ended up being early, so while waiting, I decided to have dinner at the Fox Sports Sky Box Bar and Grill near my boarding gate.

After staring at the menu for quite a while, I finally decided on getting the Chesapeake Crab Cakes, topped with zesty chipotle sauce, thinking that they would be pretty thick for an entree meal, but they turned out to be pretty small.

Even so, I was still unable to finish my food, which was okay but unimpressive, still full from lunch.

When I finally paid my bill, it was just time to start boarding, so I headed off to board my plane. I'm glad I was able to make use of the short amount of time I had to explore East Boston a little today.








No comments:

Post a Comment