Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28th 2013: Breakfast at The Looking Glass Cafe, Wrentham

For the third day in a row, my friends and I got up really early today, this time to get our food truck back from Plainville to Everett. When we got to Plainville, we found out that although the truck was ready, the person we had to pay the money was away and would not be back for another 1.5 hours, so we decided to head out to Wrentham for breakfast at the Looking Glass Cafe.

This place is pretty small, but situated in the town center of Wrentham, like any typical breakfast place in a small town. I had a hard time deciding what to get from the menu which was pretty much standard breakfast fare, finally settling for the Looking Glass Benedict, consisting of homemade corned beef and eggs on English muffin topped with Hollandaise,

while my friends got the Italian Omelette, with sweet italian sausage, onions, peppers and provolone cheese, which came with raisin toast on the side,

and the 56 South Street Special, consisting of three eggs, homefries, bacon, pancakes, toast, sausage.
I have to say the corned beef was actually pretty good, while the sausage from my friend's special plate was not as salty as most other sausage I have had. Not a bad choice for breakfast.

After breakfast, we walked around town a bit to allow my photographer friend to take some pictures of the churches in Wrentham, and then headed back to Plainville. Thankfully, we did not have to wait long to get our truck back and drive slowly back to Everett to get more work done on it.

After safely leading the food truck there, it was finally time for me to head back to work, as I was already late. Traffic at this time of day did not help either. Thankfully, my fun weekend with my food truck business partners and friends ended well.

No comments:

Post a Comment