Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20th 2013: Meeting an Old Friend for Lunch in Arlington

Today, I had a lunch appointment with an old friend who I have not seen for a long time at Thai Moon restaurant in Arlington.

Before that, the day was still young, so I first visited more areas in the towns of Southborough,


First Community Church of Southborough
St. Matthews Church
Pilgrim Congregational Church
St. Anne Church
Old Firehouse Plaza, 5 Main Street
Sudbury Reservoir

which I was surprised had a private school St. Mark's School, which has a pretty nice campus.
Leaving Southborough, I headed to Framingham next.
Catedral de Adoracao
Philadelphia Baptist Church
St. Stephen's Church
Gleason Pond at Gallagher Park,
~390 Concord Street

Wesley United Methodist Church
First Church of Christ, Scientist
Saxonville Fire Station,
End of Watson Place
Edwards Church
Next up, Natick,
Riverbend School
Eliot Church
Weston,
St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church
Congregational Church of Weston

and finally Waltham before I headed into Arlington.
St. Charles Borromeo Church
Community Church of the Nazarene,
1450 Trapelo Road
Finally in Arlington, I visited the Church of Our Saviour before going for lunch in Arlington town center area.

I arrived a little late for lunch, and my friend was already waiting for me there. We got down to ordering, deciding to get the Steamed Shrimp Bags for appetizers on my friend's recommendation,

with her getting the Garlic Squid (Sauteed squid in shrimp paste with minced garlic and white peppers) for her entree,

while I decided to go with the Siam Garden (sauteed marinated chicken in light curry powder, topped with peanut sauce) dish.
The Shrimp Bags were excellent, especially with the chilli dipping sauce, and I actually liked her squid, which tasted really good, while the curry powder in my dish gave the peanut sauce extra kick.

Overall, a really good culinary experience at Thai Moon at low cost. And it was really good to be able to catch up with my old friend, whom I had not seen since university.

After bidding her adieu, I continued my sightseeing, heading to South Boston to explore the Marine Industrial Park area.
Hyatt Harborside in the distance

At the Legal Seafoods Quality Control Center at the end of Seafood Way, there is a nice big sculpture of a fish at the top of the building, and beautiful views of the Boston harbor area.
Another place with great views was the International Cargo Port at 88 Black Falcon Avenue.
Boston Logan Airport in the distance
in the distance
Heading away from the area, I decided to check out the South Boston Maritime Park, which is on the other side of D Street from the Eastport Park which I visited yesterday.
As the sun started to set, I decided to head to Cambridge to have dinner at the Spirit Bar, passing by a few places along the way.
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Art
2nd Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints,
65 Binney Street
River Court
The small bar was already pretty full of people waiting to watch the New England Patriots-Baltimore Ravens football playoff game.

I decided to get the Smokey Hot Chipotle Wings, the Poutine Fries with Beef gravy and Mexican Cheese crumbles,

and finally 3 BBQ Pulled Pork Carnitas Tacos.
They were just okay, as can be expected of typical bar food, and I could not finish it as always after using a Groupon.

The Patriots were not doing well, so I decided to call it a day and head home. By then the Patriots were well on their way to losing, although they had a slim lead when I left the bar. Yet another year with no Superbowl win for the Patriots.

No comments:

Post a Comment