Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18th 2013: Helping My Friend Lease a Car

This morning, I had to do some food truck business with my friend, so I headed to Needham as I had some time to spare.
Carter Memorial United Methodist Church

I then headed to the Jamaica Plain area in Boston to grab breakfast from Fazenda Coffee Roasters, a pretty decent coffee place much like Starbucks, where I had a groupon as always.


In order to spend my $40, I had to order 5 sandwiches, and it took a while for them to be made, so I ended up being late for the appointment with my friend. The 5 sandwiches were namely the Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich (Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast, Curried Yogurt, Black Mission Figs, Toasted Almonds, Seasonal Greens),

the Chicken Cubano (with ham, swiss, pickles, chipotle mayo, ciabatta bread),

the Turkey Avocado Sandwich (Roasted Turkey, Avocado Edamame Spread, Applewood Bacon, Sharp Cheddar, Seasonal Greens),

the Tarragon Tuna Salad Sandwich (Albacore Tuna, Tarragon, Seasonal Greens),

and the Southwest Chicken Sandwich (chipotle mayo, pepper jack, bacon, lettuce, tomato).
I liked the Curried Chicken Salad, Southwest Chicken and Chicken Cubano sandwiches with their tangy flavors, although the other two were pretty bland.

After getting our food truck business done, we went around town helping my friend to find a suitable car to lease at a suitable price, finally managing to make a deal in Everett. With that we decided to head nearby to Medford for dinner at Oasis Brazilian Restaurant. The buffet looked really good, but as my groupon was not valid for that, we settled for ordering other stuff.

To try the most stuff, we got the House Sampler, containing Fried Yucca, Bacon, Sausage, jerked beef, chicken hearts, onions,

and the Brazuka Specialty, with Rice, Black Beans, Yucca Flour, Fries, Beef, Pork, Chicken and Sausage,

the meat arriving on a tall skewer. 


We liked the sampler, and the sides of the Brazuka Specialty, but felt the meats were a little overcooked.

With that, we called it a day and headed home, done with a long weekend of exploration, and of course eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment