Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 17th 2013: Sightseeing in the Southern Suburbs of Boston

Today, I started out late because of the snow. I headed toward the Hyde Park area in Boston, passing through Upton,
Immanuel Chapel
United Parish of Upton
Holy Angels Catholic Church
Upton Town Library
St. Gabriel the Archangel Church


Milford,
First Congregational Church
Old South Main Street Fire Station,
~7 South Main Street
First United Methodist Church
Pine Street  Baptist Church
Holliston,
St. Michael's Episcopal Church
First Congregational Church
Medway,
Medway Community Church
and finally Franklin where I had lunch at another Indian restaurant, the Guru Bar and Grill, for the second day in a row.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 91 Jordan Road

This place is the first Indian restaurant that I've seen that has a proper bar area.

I had a lot to spend as always, so I got the Coconut Soup (Shredded Coconut Soup topped with dried nuts) for soup,

the Shammi Kebab (Soft ground lamb melt in mouth patties cooked with exotic spices)

and Panir Koliwada (Homemade finger-sized cheese marinated in spiced gram-flour batter and deep fried) for appetizers,

and the Goat Musullam (Pieces of goat cooked in rich brown onion and almond sauce)

with a side of Keema Nan (Leavened white bread stuffed with minced lamb, green peas, and baked in clay oven) for my main dish.

I'm not a fan of coconut flakes, so the soup did not do it for me, while the cheese bites were just so-so. The Shammi Kebab was pleasantly good as the meat was literally melting in my mouth. The goat curry together with the naan was delicious as well. I'll put a recommend for this place for now.

From here, I passed through Wrentham,

Sheldonville Baptist Church
Foxborough,
Church of Emmanuel
Walpole,
Word of Life Church, 32 Main Street
and Norwood
Trinity Community Church
on my way to the Hyde Park area in Boston.
Hope Baptist Church, 1916 River Street
St. Adalbert Church
Christ Church
Hyde Park Library
William Barton Rogers Middle School
Most Precious Blood Church
Hyde Park Seventh Day Adventist Church
Hyde Park Presbysterian Church
Greater Faith Worship Center
Next, it was on to the Mattapan area in Boston.
Church of the Holy Spirit
Rise/Gateway to Boston
St. Paul's Victory Christian Assembly of God
Faithful Church of God,
235 Woodrow Avenue
St. Matthew's Roman Catholic Church
The Kingdom Church
Zion Temple Holy Church,
79 Stanton Street

Finally, I headed into the Roslindale area in Boston.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 
79 Mount Hope Street
Finally, there was no more light left in the day and I decided to head to Hopkinton to grab a pizza dinner from Mangia Neapolitan Pizza, a typical pizza takeout place. 

I got the Inna's Favorite Pizza (white pie with Thinly sliced prosciutto, fresh sliced figs, gorgonzola, with arugula and balsamic vinegar),

the Bacon and Scallop Pizza with creamy Alfredo sauce,

and the House Fries.

The pizza was just average at best. Oh well. At least I was able to explore a lot of places today despite the snow and wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment