Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28th 2013: Two Dinners in Waltham

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at La Campania, an upscale restaurant in Waltham. I arrived a little early, so I decided to use the time to try out another restaurant in the area while waiting for the time to arrive, heading to a nearby Chinese takeout place, Asia Wok Restaurant, for a quick bite as I was really hungry.

I decided to get the Cheese Egg Roll

and the Yaka Mein Soup,

which were okay at best, with the soup not having much flavor.

After my quick and cheap meal, I headed back to La Campania a little late, and everybody was already seated at the table in this nice looking restaurant that did not look like much from the outside when I arrived.
I hurriedly looked at the menu, and finally decided to go with a small portion of the Beef Short Rib Ravioli (Veal Demi-Glaze, Shaved Pecorino)

and the Pan Seared Foie Gras (Fresh Fig, Duck Leg Confit, Port Wine and Orange Reduction, Gorgonzola Crema) appetizer,

while my friend got the Roasted Oysters (Wood Oven Roasted with Parmigiana crema and Speck) among other dishes.
In my honest opinion, although everything tasted excellent, the service was really slow, and we waited over 2 hours for our food to come. The portions were really small as well, so I was forced to get an appetizer and try my friends' food as well, like the Gnocchi which were full of mushrooms and tasted great as well. I even tried the bone marrow from the Veal Osso Bucco special as well.

My appetizer was the White Chocolate Creme Brulee, which was excellent and filling as well, although the caramelized layer was a little bitter.
Overall, the food was excellent, though in small portions, and the service was terribly slow, but hopefully it was only tonight.






No comments:

Post a Comment