Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20th 2013: Dinner at Friendly Toast, Cambridge

Tonight after work, I decided to attend a meetup dinner at the Friendly Toast in Cambridge. This is a breakfast place that served breakfast food all day, but the food they serve is pretty creatively made. The place is also interesting in that it is decorated with pictures and trinkets from the past, including a burger head from McDonald's.
As we were such a large group, it took some time before we finally got a table for all 14 of us. After looking at the menu for quite a while I finally decided to get the King Cakes, made of two mini pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips inside and peanut butter in between, with whipped cream and encircled by side of bacon, which was really good.

My friend got the Le Petit Monstre, a chicken burrito made with breast meat, tabasco cream cheese, roasted corn salsa, green olives, lettuce and plum tomatoes.

I enjoyed the pancakes to say the least, not even needing to use the maple syrup provided.

I also had a good time chatting with my side of the table, having great laughs. It was a good night for socializing overall, and I definitely would like to come back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment