Friday, May 24, 2019

May 24th 2019: Lunch and Dinner in Shrewsbury

I had a company lunch today at Tavern in the Square, Shrewsbury. I had a good experience the last time i was here, so i was hopeful it would be the same today. We got the Fried Pickle Chips (secret sauce)
and the Truffle Tots (rosemary, truffle oil, shaved parmesan) for appetizers,
while I got the Cornflake Chicken + Waffles (boneless fried chicken, sweet potato fries, toasty Belgian waffle, maple syrup and buffalo sauce) for my main dish.
The appetizers were not bad, although the chicken and waffles were really bland. Definitely don't recommend that dish.

For dinner, we decided to check out the newest restaurant in Shrewsbury, Thai and I, which has taken the place of Macey's Cafe, which I visited once before. Similar decor as before.
We got the Khao Soi (northern noodles in delicious mix of light yellow curry, chicken, scallions, and fried shallots)
and the Roasted Duck Noodle Soup (rice noodles with sliced roasted duck and bean sprouts in duck broth, topped with chopped scallion and garlic),
both of which were not bad, just a tad sweet. What a pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment