Monday, December 26, 2016

December 26th 2016: Hunting for Dinosaurs, Tigers and Airplanes

I headed out West today, passing by Spencer,
American Legion Post 138

 starting off with Breakfast at the Roadhouse Cafe, a diner in Belchertown. With my deal in hand,  I got a Hot Chocolate,

The Roadhouse Egg Casserole (Applewood bacon, Caramelized onions,  Chicken, Cauliflower,  broccoli, Tomatoes in Egg Casserole blended with Provolone,  mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Served with home fries),

Which came with a side of Coffee Cake,

And the Eggs Benedict (English muffin,  Canadian bacon, Poached egg, hollandaise sauce with home fries).

Except for the drink,  Which came nicely presented in a huge Mug,  everything else was just ordinary,  If not less, the casserole being really bland. Not coming back for sure.

With all the snow on the ground,  I decided not to do any hiking today, opting to go on a treasure hunt to find painted dinosaurs in the town of Granby instead.
Lucky Horse Farm
I also found one,  though a little different,  at the Happy Days Family Fun Spot, a mini golf place.

While passing through the town of South Hadley, I happened to spot a Painted Tiger outside Buttery Brook Park,

Which started me on my hunt for more of them in town,
Plains Elementary School
ERA
Peoples Bank, 494 Newton Street
Mosier Elementary School
Michael E Smith Middle School
Gaylord Memorial Library
Lecca Park, East Street and Morgan Street
Easthampton Savings Bank, 605 Granby Road
Clean Run
South Hadley High School
E Ink
Town Hall, 116 Main Street

Which led me over the Willimansett Bridge 

to the town of Holyoke,
Old Permalin Manufacturing Company,
15 Water Street
Old Norman Paper Company,
400 Water Street

where I was unable to find a Tiger unfortunately.

Resuming my travels,  I went into Chicopee for lunch at Priya Indian Cuisine. A pretty nice place, being located within the Days Inn Springfield/Chicopee.

I got the Chilli Bhaji (Chilli Pepper stuffed with ground peanuts in batter fried style)

And the Lamb Cochin (Tender Lamb stir fried in South Indian style with mustard, ginger, black peppercorns and coconut).

Although the Chilli was literally flavor less,  at least the Lamb Curry tasted really unique, unlike any curry I have had, in a good way of course.

Overall, I might just come back here again.

I spent the rest of my day looking for painted airplanes around town,  of which there were several.
McKinstry Market Garden
Don Roy's Auto Body
Peoples Bank, 610 Memorial Drive
Hu Ke Lau
Interstate Towing
Pioneer Packaging
King Ward Coach Lines
Essentra
Peoples Bank, 1936 Memorial Drive
Ted Ondrick Company
Westfield Bank, 435 Burnett Road

With that, a pretty fun day hunting for fiberglass statues in 3 different towns was finally at an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment