Friday, November 2, 2012

November 2nd 2012: Dinner at Sea Dog Steak and Ale Restaurant, Northborough

Today after work, I decided to head to Sea Dog Steak and Ale Restaurant in Northborough for dinner. Along the way, I passed by a few interesting places in town.


First Parish Church Unitarian Universalist 
War Memorial,
Church Street and Whitney Street

War Memorials outside Town Hall,
63 Main Street
White Cliffs Function Facilities




St. Bernadette Parish

 This place is where the old Lazio's restaurant used to be. When I first saw the name of the restaurant and the food they served, I thought it was just a run of the mill bar restaurant, but it actually is quite upscale. The decor inside still reminded me of the old place, where I had one of my first meals when i first came to this area to live.
Restaurant Decor
I decided to have the Blackened Scallop Salad, made with mixed greens, candied walnuts, strawberries and goat cheese served with blackened sea scallops and balsamic vinaigrette, and the Chorizo Crusted Haddock, which comes with sweet corn chowder, sautéed spinach and spanish chorizo.

Blackened Scallop Salad
Chorizo Crusted Haddock











I rarely get salad, but I have to say that the salad was fantastic, not only in presentation but also in the rich variety of taste from sweet to salty to peppery and sour. With regard to the fish, it was fresh, and it was an interesting concept to have it served in soup.

I'm sad that Lazio is gone, but glad that what replaced it is not too bad at all. A definite recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment