Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12th 2012: Buying Shoes for my Niece in Wrentham

Today after work, I headed to the Wrentham Premium Outlets in Wrentham  to try to buy some shoes for my niece. I headed to OshKosh B'Gosh  first, but they did not have much in terms of shoes. At Carter's, they had much more to choose from, but I had no idea what size would be best to get, so I ended up getting 2 different pairs of shoes in different sizes. The larger pair actually lights up when stepped on as well.









Done with my shopping for the day, I then headed to Lafayette House in Foxborough for dinner, where I had a $50 groupon to use, as always. This place has an old fashioned feel to it, with most of the clientele being of that age too.
For the $50 I had to spend, I had my work cut out for me. I started with the French Onion Soup Gratinee and the Oyster Lafayette, made of fresh shucked oysters smothered with mushrooms, spinach and minced shrimp bechemel sauce topped with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, for appetizers, both of which were pretty good.
French Onion Soup Gratinee
Oyster Lafayette











For my entree, I decided to get the Tournados Lafayette, consisting of grilled twin filets topped with sauteed lobster, asparagus and mushrooms in rich Cabernet Sauce, laced with Bearnaise. The combination of flavors paired the beef and the lobster really well, and it definitely improved my view of the restaurant as a whole.

Tournados Lafayette
To end it all, I decided to get the Grapenut Pudding for dessert. Apparently it is a custard that is popular in New England, but I wasn't too big a fan of it.

With that, I headed home, full and happy with the purchase of shoes for my niece. Hope they fit though.


No comments:

Post a Comment