Saturday, November 3, 2012

November 3rd 2012: Northeastern 7th Circle

Today, I decided to visit the northeastern 7th circle of towns before heading into Boston to pick my friend up before heading to New York City for the weekend.

I first headed onto the town of Reading to start my sightseeing there. I had a Groupon to use at Cupcake City in town, so I headed there as soon as it opened.

I had a deal for 6 cupcakes, so I let the girl behind the counter choose from the selection of cupcakes they had. When I left the shop, I had a box containing the Hostess, the Red Velvet, Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate and Oreo cupcakes.

Chocolate Chip (top left), Oreo (top middle), Red Velvet (top right),
Peanut Butter (bottom left), Vanilla (bottom middle), Hostess (bottom right)
I have to say, they tasted as good as they looked. After my sweet breakfast, I finished up the rest of Reading before heading to the next town of Wilmington.

Reading Municipal Light Department
Joshua Eaton School










View of Lake Quannapowitt
from Jordan's Furniture
Unitarian Universalist Church of Reading











Church of the Good Shepherd
Reading Public Library




Northeast School of Ballet
Reading Town Hall

War Memorial,
Lowell Street and Salem Street
First Baptist Church





Old South United Methodist Church
St. Agnes Catholic Church
First Congregational Church of Reading

Reading Fire Department
Reading Police



Memorial Park


Korean Church of the Nazarene
St. Athanasius Church


Colonial Chorus Players



At Lobb's Mill Pond, ~40 Mill Street

With that, I was done with the town of Reading, and on to the town of Wilmington.

In Wilmington, I visited the town center area first before going for my first hike of the day at the Town Park on 760 Main Street.
Congregational Church in Wilmington

Town Common,
Middlesex Avenue and Church Street
Wilmington United Methodist Church



St. Thomas of Villanova Church
Abundant Life Christian Center
Rotary Park

After parking in the lot here, the path I took here is shown below in pink.
I initially found it hard to find the path up the hill, but eventually I realized that the place was much smaller than I thought, so I managed to find the right path up to the top of the hill, although there were no views to be had here.

Heading down the other side of the hill, I headed to the other viewpoint, not knowing what to expect. As it turned out, there were okay views of the wetlands here, where there were the foundations of an old bridge.

Overall though, I feel that this place is not worth visiting.

After making my way back to my car by walking past the baseball field, I visited a few other places in Wilmington before heading to the Town Forest on Andover Street and White Oak Drive.

Baldwin Apple Monument,
~165 Chestnut Street
Wilmington Middle School


Silver Lake



Pond at Corum Meadows,
End of Pilcher Drive

St. Dorothy Church
After parking at the small dirt lot on Andover Street and White Oak Drive, I had a hard time finding the trailhead. The trails here were so overgrown that  even though I tried my best, I could not find a easy way through. I then decided to tackle the place from the Research Drive side. The path I took here is shown below in pink. 

This time, I managed to find a way up to the top if the hill, which is the highest point in Wilmington. There is a water tower at the top, but the views of the surroundings were not to be as the trees were all too tall. 


I made my way down, then headed to the next town of Tewksbury as the sun started  setting. In Tewksbury,  I managed to take a few pictures, especially of the Tewksbury Hospital area, before the sun finally set for good.

Tewksbury Hospital










Tewksbury Congregational Church
Town Common,
Main Street and Pleasant Street
Town Hall

I then headed to the town of Dracut for dinner, where I had a groupon at Parker Grille. This place is a regular bar restaurant with a lot of fried seafood dishes. In order to get $50 of food, I was forced to order the Fisherman's Platter, a bread bowl of Beef Stew and the Stuffed Mushrooms for food, then the Apple Pie ala mode for dessert.
Beef Stew
Fisherman's Platter

Stuffed Mushrooms
Apple Pie ala mode











All in all, nothing too amazing at this place, although I had a lot of leftovers in the end. With that, I headed to Boston to pick my friend up, then head to NYC  for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment