Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 10th 2012: Finishing the Town of Dracut


Today, before heading to Boston for a meetup event in the afternoon, I decided to explore the northeastern 7th circle, heading toward the town of Dracut, the northernmost town in the eastern 7th circle. Passing through Lowell along the way, I took several pictures of interesting places there, including the Pawtucket Falls on the Merrimack River at Varnum Avenue and Mammoth Road, and the Lady of Lourdes Grotto behind the Franco American School.
Torrent Engine House
John Barry Gannon Memorial Station,
Mammoth Road near 3rd Avenue

Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto


















Pawtucket Congregational Church
Pawtucketville Memorial,
Varnum Avenue and Mammoth Road

Pawtucket Falls,
Varnum Avenue and Mammoth Road




Franco American School
Merrimack River

Northern Canal,
Mammoth Road near Pawtucket Street
McAvinnue Elementary School






Parish of Saint Rita, 158 Mammoth Road
Heading into Dracut, I visited several areas before going for a hike at the East Richardson Preserve
Assumption of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox Church
Long Pond


Saint Francis Church

Beaver Brook Village, 1105 Lakeview Avenue
The Church of Pentecost, 1868 Lakeview Avenue


Dracut Fire Department
Parker Memorial Library


Christ Church United,
10 Arlington Street
Tercentennial Park,
Bridge Street and Pleasant Street

Veterans Memorial Park, 80 Broadway Road
Dracut Police



I tried to visit the Dunlap Sanctuary on Marsh Hill Road, but as I had no trail map and there did not seem to be any visible trails in the area, I gave up and headed to the East Richardson Preserve nearby instead. There were some nice views from along Marsh Hill Road though.

After parking at the junction of East Richardson Road and Macintosh Drive, the path I took from here to head to the pond in the area is shown below in pink.

It was a pretty pleasant stroll in the woods, although there were only okay views of the pond and the beaver dam here.

Beaver Dam
With that, I was done sightseeing for the day. I was feeling hungry, so I headed into Chelmsford to get some pizza from Omega Pizzeria, getting a small Tropical Pizza (Chicken, Ham, Pineapple) and a drink to use my groupon.

Okay, not that fantastic in terms of taste, just another typical pizza place I guess. Next, it was on to Burlington to use up another groupon at Schoolhouse Ice Cream and Yogurt in Burlington. Definitely a place for kids to go to in the area.

However, I was not a fan of the Orange Sherbet Cooler I got, which tasted simply artificial, although the Burlington Heath Bar Sundae, which had caramel, marshmallow and mixed nuts, was pretty good, as you can already tell from the ingredients.

From here, I headed to Boston Bowl in Boston, where I had a meetup event to go bowling. I had forgotten to bring my ball and shoes though, so I did not fare too well today, not like I do any time anyway, but then again, I got a free pair of socks from renting the shoes anyway.

I had a dinner appointment with a friend in Malden, so I had to leave early, and headed to Moroccan Hospitality Restaurant there to have some Moroccan food with a friend who had not had Moroccan food before for the second time in a week. While waiting for my friend to arrive, the restaurant owner was nice enough to make me some Moroccan fried bread (Msemen), topped with honey.
When my friend finally arrived, we got down to ordering, with her getting the M'Hammer Tagine, consisting of roasted chicken with olive and lemon in saffron sauce, while I got the Lamb and Prunes Tagine I got the last time I was here so that she could try it as well. However, somehow we were both unable to eat much of our food, and I ended up having to take the rest home as leftovers.

With that, my eventful day of sightseeing came to an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment