Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5th 2012: Dinner at Moroccan Hospitality Restaurant, Malden

Today, after coming back from NYC with my friend, I had to drop him off at home in Malden, so we decided to have dinner at a Moroccan restaurant, the Moroccan Hospitality Restaurant, that was highly recommended by my friend. This place is pretty much a hole in the wall, though decent in size. To be honest, I do not think that I saw one dish on the menu that I recognized from prior experience. 
Inside the restaurant
Today we went all out to try all kinds of Moroccan food. First up, the Moroccan tea, a mint tea which was much like the Algerian tea I had at Baraka Cafe in Cambridge, though presented pretty interestingly.
We ordered the Maakouda (Beignets of mashed potatoes, garlic and spices fried, served with spicy Lahrissa Sauce), and the Ground Beef Cigars (onions, cinnamon wrapped in phyllo dough, served with orange salad) for appetizers, which were pretty interesting in taste.
Maakouda
Ground Beef Cigars










Our entrees were shared like appetizers, being the Chicken Brochettes which came with red peppers and eggplant, and the Lamb and Prunes Tajine.
Chicken Brochettes
Lamb and Prune Tagine

The chicken was not flavored, though it went well with the peppers and eggplant, while the lamb meat simply fell off the bone, and the prunes which I am not usually a fan of were perfect for the dish.

After our dinner, I dropped my friend off, then headed toward home. It was here that I realized that I still had a Groupon for frozen yogurt at Yo Fresh in Newton, which was still open at this time, so I decided to head there instead to use it.

I had $12 to spend, and as I was afraid that I would not be able to spend it all in one sitting, I decided to get a smoothie with protein added, made with chocolate, vanilla, New York cheesecake and strawberry flavored yogurt. It was a good combination of flavors, thankfully.
On top of that, I had to get a frozen yogurt as well, the cup of which I loaded with every other flavor that was available today, including coconut, pumpkin and macadamia, along with tons of fruit and other toppings to make it as heavy as possible to reach the $12 mark. When it got weighed, thankfully it passed the cut.
My loaded frozen yogurt
Smoothie



With that, I headed home to rest after a fun weekend in NYC.





No comments:

Post a Comment