Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 7th 2012: Dinner at Harvest Cafe, Hudson

The last time I was at the Harvest Cafe in Hudson, I was unable to use my Groupon for brunch, so I had to go there a second time today after work for dinner. It was snowing when I left work, causing a slight traffic jam on my way to Hudson. Thankfully, the traffic thinned out as I got closer. As expected due to the bad weather, there weren't many patrons at the restaurant tonight.






After getting seated,  I decided to get the Orange Soy Braised Pork Ribs, which comes in a ginger, orange soy sauce, for my entree, and the Butternut Squash and Apple Soup for appetizers.
Orange Soy Braised Pork Ribs
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup










I was expecting the soup to be sweet because of the ingredients, but it turned out to be a little tangy and salty instead. The pork looked really simplistic as well, but it actually turned out to be pretty tasty.

I still had a few dollars to spare, I decided to get some dessert as well. The dessert menu was written on a chalk board which my waitress carried out for me to peruse. I decided to go for the Kahlua Brownie Sundae, and the waitress had to check my ID to see I was of legal age before I could have it.

The dessert came served in a martini glass, and was pretty good as well. I have to say,  this place, though simple, does not fail to please. With that, I headed home. Thankfully, there was not much traffic on the way back, although the road leading to my home was not plowed, so I had a little trouble heading down the hill. I'm still here writing this blog entry, so I guess you know how that went.

No comments:

Post a Comment