Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23rd 2013: Dinner with my Mom at the Fireplace, Brookline

After renting a car for the day, I left work early to go pick my mom up from the airport. I did not have my GPS with me, but somehow I managed to drive around without much problems, although it was peak hour traffic. I decided to wait out the traffic and bring my mom to a pretty upscale place in Brookline for dinner, at The Fireplace.
After perusing the menu for a while, my mom finally decided to get the Pan Seared Scallops (Lobster Hash, Pomegranate-Sparkling Wine Glaze and Micro Green Salad),

while I got the Chilled Melon Soup (Drizzled Honey, Diced Strawberries and Crispy Fried Leeks),

the Fresh Black Mission Figs (Blue Cheese Pomegranate Honey, Chopped Walnuts and Toasted Garlic),

and the Fireplace Burger (Shelburne Farms Cheddar Stuffed Grass Fed New England Burger with Thick Cut Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce, Tomato and Garlic Dill Pickle, on a Homemade English Muffin with Hand Cut Fries and Kale Chips), which apparently won the Best Burger award in 2012.

The soup was more like a dessert, being cold and more sweet than savory, though pretty good, while the figs were excellent as well. I'm glad my mom enjoyed her dish thoroughly, and I liked it as well, especially the lobster hash. My burger was a little disappointing though, as it was just average, although the kale chips were an interesting touch as I have never had them before.

Overall, I will give this place a recommend for the originality in cuisine and the ambience as well as the service, with the waiter waiting outside in the cold with my mom while I got the car to pick her up, although I have no idea how they won the best burger last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment