Sunday, September 1, 2013

September 1st 2013: Brunch at Gaslight, Boston, Dinner at All Seasons Table, Malden

Today, before doing food truck stuff, my friends and I decided to get brunch at Gaslight Basserie du Coin in the South End area of Boston. I have been here before, liking the dining experience I had then, so today was another chance to try their other dishes.
We got the Truffle Scrambled Egg Tartine (with roasted asparagus), the Berkshire Pork Hache (Confit pork, crispy potatoes, chili sauce verte and fried eggs),

the Steak and Eggs (With pommes confit, caramelized onions, and sauce meurette),

and the Omelette (With fine herbs, tomato confit and boucheron goat cheese),

along with a set of raw Oysters.
Once again, pretty good presentation, and the food was good as well, especially the pork, in which all the individual ingredients came well together, while the steak was pretty delicious too, although my friends all thought it was just alright. Once again, my friends, who have lived in New York City before, have much higher standards of taste than I do.

After a rainy day and bad business doing food truck stuff, we decided to get some Japanese food in Malden, choosing to go to the All Seasons Table, a pretty upscale place in town. I was here several years back when I first came to Massachusetts, and the layout of the place was still pretty much the same.
This time, we ordered several dishes, getting the Fresh Mussels (sauteed with spicy basil and black bean sauce),

the Roasted Yellow Tail Collar (with spicy ponzu sauce),

the Alligator Maki (Shrimp Tempura Maki topped with crab and eel with coconut flakes), and the Sauteed String Beans Malaysian Style (with malaysian spicy shrimp paste).

I loved the sauce for the mussels, being different from the tomato based ones, while the fish was fresh and the spicy shrimp paste was actually up to standard for once. This time, my friends approved of the place. Finally got something right today.


No comments:

Post a Comment