Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30th 2013: Lunch with Mom at Thai Place, Shrewsbury

Today, my mom and I went out to do some errands, stopping by the Thai Place in Shrewsbury for lunch, where she has not been for more than a year.

This time, I decided to get their special, the Mango Infused Chicken (boneless chicken infused with mango, marinated in Thai Spices and herbs then deep fried, topped with homemade mango flavored sauce),

while my mom got the Sweet and Sour Shrimp.

I got the Paradise Beef (Thinly sliced beef steak marinated with honey and soy sauce, coated with freshly crushed coriander seeds. Then fried to perfection) for appetizers as well. 
The shrimp were just alright, while the chicken was definitely not infused with mango, being dry, only tasting okay with the mango sauce drizzled on it. Only the beef was pretty interesting, being spiced and textured to be like beef jerky. It was a little weird at first, the meat being so tough, but after changing my frame of mind, it became much more palatable. Overall, not one of my better meals here.

No comments:

Post a Comment