Sunday, September 8, 2013

September 8th 2013: Doing Food Truck Stuff at the Cambridge Carnival

Today, I had to do a whole day of food truck stuff at the 21st Cambridge Carnival.  After setting up the truck, we still had some time before we could start business, so we decided to go to the Au Bon Pain deli located nearby for breakfast, passing by an interesting looking bike rack at ~310 Main Street

 along the way. I have never actually tried this place before, even though I see it all the time. I decided to try the Thai Peanut Chicken Wrap (all natural chicken, mesclun, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, crispy wontons and Thai peanut dressing),

while my friend got the Tuna Salad Sandwich (on sliced multigrain with tomatoes and mesclun).
My wrap was actually pretty good, although I could only finish half of it. I'll leave some for later I guess.

Throughout the entire day of doing food truck stuff, I was able to venture out for a bit and take pictures of the carnival, where the parade participants were dressed in pretty outlandish and flashy outfits.
The carnival looked pretty fancy, although my food truck did not fare too well in terms of business because the crowd was on the other side of the carnival. Oh well. 

After cleaning up for the day, we decided to head to the All Seasons Table in Malden for chow. This time, we ordered a lot of sashimi and sushi including the Spider Roll (soft shell crab), placed on a Chef's Choice Boat,

as well as the Roti Canai (spicy curry chicken Singapore Style, served with Malaysian bread)

and the Peking Duck Maki (boneless duck meat, cucumber, scallion, mild spicy hoisin sauce topped with roasted duck skin).

The roti canai was exceptionally crispy and tasty, definitely much better than the one at Penang in Boston, while the sushi was pretty fresh as well. Only the Peking duck was a little disappointing, with the skin not being crispy. Other than that, a pretty good dinner to end a pretty disappointing day of doing food truck stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment