Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19th 2013: Dinner at Vienna Restaurant and Historic Inn, Southbridge

Today after work, I decided to head to Southbridge for dinner. Before that, I visited a few water bodies in the town of Leicester.
Lynde Brook Reservoir,
End of Reservoir Street
Kettle Brook Reservoir #1,
Mulberry Street and Chapel Street
Burncoat Pond, End of Town Beach Road
Cedar Meadow Pond, 395 Rawson Street

The Vienna Restaurant itself is located within a quaint little inn, with not much table space, but thankfully there was still a table for me.

I decided to get the Tafelspitz (Austrian slow simmered beef roast with fresh horseradish cream and Spatzle)

which came with pretty good starters with pate, biscuits and cheese,

and a house salad with a tasty raspberry vinaigrette.
My dish itself was pretty good as well, especially with mixing all the components on the plate together, although the beef was a little dry at times.

Overall, due to the quaintness of the place and the uniqueness of the cuisine, I think I shall give this place a recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment