Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3rd 2013: Dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Boston

Today after work, I had a friend visiting from Singapore, so I decided to meet up with him for dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, a pretty upscale restaurant located within the old City Hall with branches all over the United States, in downtown Boston.

This was because the hotel he was staying at, the Omni Parker House Hotel, is just right next door, and I got a chance to check out the inside, which was pretty nice.
The restaurant itself, being located inside a historical building, was not too bad itself.

However, this meant that the food we got was really expensive, even though I got a $50 gift card to use. We all decided to try the Ruth's Classics, and for the appetizer course, we got the Island Creek Oysters,

the Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo,

the Baby Spinach, Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad

and the Steak House Salad.

The oysters were pretty good, while I lapped up the gumbo hungrily. My salad was a little too sour for my taste though.

For sides, we got the Green Beans with Roasted Garlic, Sauteed Mushrooms and the Creamed Spinach, all of which was just alright.

My friends got th6oz Filet Mignon and Lobster Tail

for their main course while I got the Sesame Ginger Seared Sea Scallops.
While the beef and lobster were cooked just right, there was nothing amazing about the taste. With regard to my dish, even though the scallops and sauce was delicious, there were only 4 pieces of scallop on my plate, hardly fit for a meal.

The dessert wasn't that great either, consisting of a trio of the Cheesecake Creme Brulee, the Rhubarb Compote and the Double Chocolate Walnut Cookie.

There were still bits of cheese in the creme brulee, the cookie was just okay while the rhubarb was too sour for my liking.

To top it all, the price was over a $150 for the 3 of us, way too costly for the type of food we got. Definitely never coming back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment