Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 2nd 2012: A Night of Partying in Boston

Tonight after work, I headed to Boston for a meetup event to have fun with the younger crowd.

I headed first to Avenue One after parking at the Boston Common Garage, located on the 3rd floor of the Hyatt Regency Boston Hotel for a drink and to meet up with the rest of the group. Some pictures of the hotel follow.


The bar itself was a pretty nice place, with not many people, so the group pretty much occupied the entire bar. I wasn't able to take any good pictures of the place however, and I did not want to drink on an empty stomach, so I did not order anything from here in the end, choosing to converse with new acquaintances while waiting to head to East Ocean City in Chinatown for dinner. Even after looking at the menu, we could not figure out what to order, so we ended up letting our fellow friend from another table decide for us, and pictures of all the good food we had follow.

Seafood soup
Thousand Island Shrimp


Black Pepper Beef

Deep Fried Squid


Shrimp with Scallions and Ginger
Sweet and Sour Pork

Roast Chicken

Clams and Vegetables

Sago and Sweet Potato Dessert
After a great time at the restaurant, our next destination was actually to go party at the Gypsy Bar, but due to a lack of participation a few of us decided to head to Rock Bottom for some drinks and conversation. I decided to get a mojito, and I have to say that was actually really good, because I've had lots of worse ones before.
I wanted so much to stay longer, but I remembered that it was going to snow at midnight, and when I left the building, it had already started snowing, if not hailing. What resulted was a hazardous drive back home, which ended up taking twice as long. I was just relieved to be able to get back home alive and safe.



















No comments:

Post a Comment