Friday, March 30, 2012

March 30th 2012: Dinner with my Mom at Byblos Lounge, Worcester

My mom has come to visit for a short while, so tonight after work, I decided to bring her to try out one of the many restaurants I have been to so far, the Byblos Lounge in Worcester which serves Lebanese Cuisine.

It was still restaurant week today, so we decided to share the 3 course meal on offer between the 2 of us, as my mom has a pretty small appetite. On top of that, I decided to get a portion of the aged meat (Basturma) for my mom to try.
Basturma (left) and pita chips
With respect to the 3 course meal, we had lentil soup for the first course, which was a little sour for both of us. Our main course of beef kebab fared much better with us, with the meat being very tender and juicy, although we could hardly finish it. Finally, our dessert was the rice pudding, which was a little sweet with a taste of almond. My mother did not fancy it either though, so I had to finish it as well.
Lentil Soup
Rice Pudding


Beef Kebab
I guess no more Mediterranean food for the rest of my mom's stay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment