Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16th 2012: Bowling the Night Away at Kings Back Bay, Boston

Tonight after work, I decided to use one of my Livingsocial deals for Tom Can Cook, A Pan Asian restaurant in Waltham before heading for a bowling meetup event at Kings Back Bay in Boston.
Inside Tom Can Cook
Table Decor













Having $20 bucks to spend, I decided to go for the Tom's Pad Thai and the Tom's Platter, along with the Mango Sticky Rice for dessert.
Tom's Pad Thai
Tom's Platter










I could not even finish either main dish, and I had already forgotten about my dessert until I saw the bill. With the dessert having already been made, I decided that perhaps I still had a little room for dessert, and grudgingly decided to have it as well.
Mango Sticky Rice
Thankfully, it was delicious as well, and it was the only thing I was able to finish for the night.

A few days ago, a major transformer explosion in the Back Bay area had caused loss of power to the area, including Kings itself, so there had been apprehension about whether there would be power tonight, but thankfully power was restored this afternoon, so the event was free to proceed. I brought my bowling ball to play, but somehow I could not perform up to expectations, partly due to the lack of light in the place.

As a result, our team lost, and we had to buy the other team a round of drinks. Otherwise, I had a really good time bowling here.

No comments:

Post a Comment