Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23rd 2012: Dinner at Bombay Mahal Restaurant, Waltham and Partying in Boston

I had a meetup party event to go to tonight at Jose McIntyre's in Boston, but I figured since there probably was not going to be much eating going on, I decided to used one of my Livingsocial deals in Waltham instead, at the Bombay Mahal Restaurant. Having $30 to spend, I decided to get the Non-Vegetarian Dinner for 1, and the Vegetarian Platter, with an order of the mango lassi as well.
Pappadum Starters
Mango Lassi


















The tomato coconut soup came as part of the main dish, and was pretty good, although I did not quite like the coconut flakes that came with it.
Tomato Coconut Soup

The Vegetarian platter came next, of which I thought the cheese pakoras were pretty interesting, but a little tasteless, though, it can be expected of cheese I guess.

Vegetarian Platter
(patra, pakora, vegetable samosa,
vegetable tikki and chesse pakora) 
When the main dish finally came, I started eating it when I realized that it was totally vegetarian, completely different from what I had ordered. As it turned out, my waitress had gotten the order wrong, and they immediately got the problem fixed.
Vegetarian Dinner for 1
Non-Vegetarian Dinner for 1
(chicken pakora, chicken korma, lamb vindaloo,
chicken tikka masala, poori, raita, pickle, rice, papadum)

However, by the time I got my main dish, I was already so stuffed by the previous few courses that I could only manage a few more bites before giving up the fight. Oh well, more leftovers, and I only paid about 7 bucks.

With that, I headed into Boston for my meetup event. The place is actually pretty close to the New England Aquarium, so I decided to park at the parking complex there, little knowing that I would have to foot out $35 for the night later.
The night scenery here was beautiful though, and I managed to take this picture of the Fort Point Channel Parks and Marriot's Custom House.

At Jose McIntyre's, I got onto the second floor to be greeted with an extremely crowded room of people, all participating in the event. I did not feel too comfortable with that many people around, but I still managed to find some old friends from previous meetups, and I actually enjoyed my time in the bar-restaurant which eventually turned into a dance floor.

I ended up staying 3 hours, leaving only because it was getting late, and because I have to wake up early tomorrow. I guess the $35 wasn't such a waste of money after all.





No comments:

Post a Comment