Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5th 2012: Dinner at Biagio's Grille, Worcester

Today after work, I initially wanted to use my Groupon at Byblos Lounge in Worcester at $20 for $40 worth of food, so I went to park at the parking structure behind Union Station, where the restaurant is located. Unfortunately, I only realized after entering the station that none of the restaurants there were actually open tonight, with Byblos Lounge only opening on Thursdays to Saturdays. Dejected, I decided to take a few pictures of the beautiful interior of the train station.

I had to pay at the machine for my parking, and thankfully I was only penalized $1 for my failure to check if Byblos Lounge was open. I hurriedly looked for another nearby restaurant, deciding on Biagio's Grille at 257 Park Avenue instead. Thankfully, parking here is free, but when I entered the place, I realized it was more of a dive bar than a restaurant, and the only people there were old men drinking beer and watching the news. Undaunted, I decided to see what they had on the menu. Not seeing anything of note in the Italian menu, I decided to go for the Fettucine Alfredo, adding shrimp on top.
It was actually quite good and cheap, and I left feeling that I had not wasted my night after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment