Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20th 2012: Sightseeing in Douglas


Today after work, I decided to finish the town of Douglas for good, heading to the Douglas State Forest to visit the various water bodies there. The first place was Wallum Lake, located at the end of Wallum Lake Park Road.












The next water body was Badluck Lake, located along Southwest Main Street close to Cedar Street, although I had to trespass on private property to get this good picture of the lake.
Next, I decided to go find the Breezy Picnic Grounds and Waterslides, taking pictures of Whitin Reservoir from Wallis Street along the way.


Breezy Picnic Grounds and Waterslides
Finally done, I decided to head to Webster to have dinner at Eastern Pearl Restaurant at 290 Main Street upon recommendation from my colleague, taking a picture of the nearby United Church of Christ, Federated before going in.

The Chinese-Japanese restaurant has pretty good decor inside, being remodeled from an old Five Cents Savings Bank Building.

Taking my colleague's recommendation, I decided to get the Pork Lo Mein, while I ordered the Sweetheart Roll on the Japanese side of things.

Sweetheart Roll
Pork Lo Mein










Overall, I felt the Sweetheart Roll was much better than the Sweetie Roll at Apgujung in Newton, while the Pork Lo Mein was just typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment