Friday, March 16, 2012

March 15th 2012: Sightseeing after Work in Leicester

Today at lunch, I decided to treat a colleague to lunch at Udupi Bhavan in Shrewsbury for the work he had done for my project.






Although it does not look like much from the outside, it was actually pretty spacious and decently decorated inside. After looking at the menu, I decided to get the Udupi Express Thali, which consists of several sorts of curry and yogurt with pappadum, roti and rice on the side, while my friend got the Udupi Express, consisting of a smaller variety of curries with Vada (doughnuts) and a Masala Dosai (crepe with potato and onions).
Udupi Express
Udupi Express Thali










Both dishes were pretty good, although I could not take the strong taste of the pickles.

After work, I headed to Leicester to hike at Southwick Pond, the trailhead being located at the end of Walbridge Road near Cutler Road in Paxton. The route I took to get to Southwick Pond and back, which is basically the entire trail itself, is shown below.
At the end of the trail, I was hoping to see good views of a waterfall as indicted by the symbol above, but there was nothing much except partial views of the pond.









Thankfully, by the time I got back to my car, it was still light, so I decided to head to the Mill Restaurant and Lounge in West Boylston for dinner.

This place is actually pretty decent, and even has a live band in the lounge area. I decided to get a cup of Brunswick Stew, and the Smokehouse Lasagna. The soup was delicious, while the lasagna was not sour like most lasagnas I have had before.
Brunswick Stew
Smokehouse Lasagna










With that I was done for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment