Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9th 2012: Dinner at Byblos Lounge, Worcester

Tonight after, I decided to give Byblos Lounge in Worcester another try. What a difference timing makes. This time, both restaurants were open and filled with music. Byblos Lounge itself is a beautiful place to behold with traditional Mediterranean decorations. Unfortunately, my camera failed to capture any good pictures of the place itself. With respect to the food itself, I had $40 to spend for free, so I decided to get 2 appetizers and a main course. After the complementary starters of chips and yoghurt, I decided to get the kibbeh balls, made with minced beef, Basturma, Lebanese aged meat much like the Spanish spiced ham, and the lamb chops main dish.
Chips and Yoghurt
Kibbeh Balls


Basturma







Lamb Chops Lebanese Style











The kibbeh was crisp and delicious with the yoghurt, while the Basturma was delicious with the cheese it was wrapped around, eaten with pita bread on the side. The lamb chops had a unique flavor as well, and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal, although I could not finish the vegetables and bread on my main dish.

At the end of the day, I only needed to pay $5 for my entire meal. I definitely recommend coming back here again for Mediterranean food.

No comments:

Post a Comment