Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 8th 2013: Learning About the Human Anatomy at the Body Worlds: Vital Exhibition

Today, I was to go see the Body Worlds: Vital exhibition, held at the Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Before that, I decided to check out a few water bodies in the town of Wellesley.
Reed's Pond, 50 Woodside Road
Abbott Pond, 20 Fox Hill Road
Rockridge Pond, 53 Hundreds Circle
Wight Pond, 5 Hundreds Road
Farm Station Pond, 75 Croton Road
Time was running short at this point, but as I was feeling extremely hungry, I decided to grab something quick from the Quebrada Baking Company in town,

where I got a Mushroom Cheddar Croissant

and 4 mini cupcakes (Yellow Christmas, Mocha Bean, Carrot, Cream Cheese).





Not bad for breakfast.

The exhibition itself was pretty interesting, though at times it did feel a little gruesome to see all the different body parts. I definitely recommend going to one of these exhibitions at least once. An eye opener for sure. I never knew that if all the blood vessels in a human body were joined end to end, it would wrap around the world twice. Here are the pictures I took.
After leaving the exhibition, my friends and I decided to get a late lunch at McCormick and Schmick's nearby. This time, we headed up to the second floor.

For food, my friend ordered the Clam Chowder

and the Cedar Roasted Salmon (Berry Reduction, Roasted Vegetables),

while I got the Shrimp and Andouille Mac and Cheese (four cheese sauce).

The chowder wasn't too bad, while I did not get a chance to try the salmon, which my friend finished. My Mac and Cheese was more of a pasta dish, but it was excellent to say the least.

Two of us decided to get dessert, with me getting the Chocolate Bag (white chocolate mousse with fresh berries topped with whipped cream),

while my friend got the Creme Brulee (topped with fresh berries).
Both were pretty good, although my "box" made of chocolate was a little lopsided. It was pretty hard and I gave up eating the box in the end.


After lunch, a few of us shopped around for a bit before deciding to call it a day. After sending my friend home, I decided to get even more food, going to Roggie's, a typical bar restaurant in the Brighton area, for dinner.

I decided to get the Beer Mussels and the Crown Burger (1/2 pound patty topped with pastrami). A huge pile of mussels arrived, on 2 different plates,

 and I somehow managed to finish it all, although I could barely touch the burger.

It wasn't anything special though.

With that, a day of seeing plastinated bodies came to an end. I'm glad I did not lose my appetite at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment