Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December 11th 2013: Asian Trivia at Gari Sushi, Brookline

Today after work, I had a meetup event for trivia at Gari Sushi in the city of Brookline. My friend was interested in joining meetup events, so I decided to bring him to this one. The entire place was filled with our people by the time it came to order our food. I decided to try the Shoyu Ramen Noodle Soup with Crispy Katsu Pork (Premium Japanese wave noodle soup served with vegetables, egg)

and the Oyster Katsu Maki (Fried oyster, avocado, mango with tobiko, ikura and spicy sauce),

while my friends got the Nabeyaki Udon (Thick udon noodles served in a light broth with chicken, fish cake, white fish, squid, scallop, vegetables, shrimp tempura and an egg),

the Fuji Salmon (Salmon with Fuji apple served with honey wasabi mayo),

the Dragon Roll (Cooked shrimp, yellowtail, eel, cucumber, avocado, tobiko)

and the Lobster Tempura Roll (Deep fried lobster salad roll served with spicy mango sauce)

among others.

The Lobster and the Dragon Rolls were passed over to me as leftovers, so my pictures of them were not as good. I have to say my ramen was pretty disappointing, the pork not going down well together with the ramen. I'm not a fan of wasabi either, so the salmon wasn't for me either, although the presentation was pretty good. The rolls were not too bad though, especially the oysters in mine.

The trivia itself consisted of 12 questions, with its focus on Asia. My team only got 4 right, and I actually knew the answers to some of the other questions, and was kicking myself for forgetting until it was too late. Oh well. The team which got 7 right won in the end, although my friend and I could not stay till the end as we had to get to work early tomorrow. It was a fun time though to hang out with friends. I hope my friend decides to join the group in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment