Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 4th 2013: Dinner at El Oriental de Cuba, Boston

Today after work, I decided to grab dinner with a friend at El Oriental de Cuba, located in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston. This place is pretty much a hole in the wall, but thankfully decent enough to bring a friend to eat. For food, I decided to get the Braised Beef Tongue in Sauce (Lengua en Salsa),

while my friend got the Shredded Beef (Ropa Vieja).

Both came with sweet plantains, green plantains and yellow rice.

The beef tongue was actually really delicious, being tender and all. The shredded beef was tasty as well.

I decided to get thGuava Shell with Cream Cheese (Casco de Guayaba c/Queso Crema) for dessert, as it sounded pretty interesting. It looked pretty interesting as well.

I did not expect the saltiness of the cream cheese to go well with the sweet guava, but somehow it smoothened the gritty texture of the guava. Pretty interesting dish, although I still like Tres Leches better.

No comments:

Post a Comment